Minnesota Governor Mark Dayton has proclaimed August 7 – 13, 2011 as Farmers Market Week in Minnesota. Minnesota is one of several states joining the U.S. Department of Agriculture in celebrating the benefits of farmers markets and the agricultural products farmers provide. More than 150 farmers markets in Minnesota offer farm-fresh, healthful products and provide an important opportunity for consumers and farmers to interact. Minnesota consumers are invited to attend the kick-off to Farmers Market Week this Saturday, August 6, at the downtown St. Paul Farmers Market. The Minnesota Department of Agriculture (MDA) is sponsoring a “Name that Produce” contest at 10am. Contact your local farmers market to find out more or find farmers market locations at www.minnesotagrown.com.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes