A Sleepy Eye woman was killed and several people were injured in a crash on Brown County Road 29 Saturday morning. It happened at about 9:45am at the intersection with County Road 8. Authorities say 72-year-old Marion Romberg of Sleepy Eye was driving in reverse in the westbound lane when her car was rear-ended by 84-year old Ruth Vincent of New Ulm. Both drivers, along with their four passengers, 67-year-old Judith Sellner, 78-year-old Laurel Beilke and 76-year-old Joann Schroeder, all of Sleepy Eye, and 84-year-old James Vincent of New Ulm were all taken to either the Sleepy Eye or New Ulm Medical Centers for treatment of various injuries. Joann Schroeder later died from her injuries at North Memorial Medical Center in Robbinsdale. An investigation into the crash continues.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes