Federal, state, and local officials are conducting a full-scale nuclear preparedness exercise at the Monticello nuclear generating plant today (Tuesday). The exercise will take place in and around the plant. The Minnesota Department of Public Safety says residents should not be alarmed if they see emergency responders during the drill. The goal is to test how agencies will take action and protect residents in the unlikely event of a nuclear incident. Participants will react to a scenario, chosen at random. A briefing on the exercise will be made public Friday.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes