The WNBA announced that Minnesota Lynx point guard Lindsay Whalen has earned the 2011 Peak Performer honor for assists. She becomes the first player in Lynx history to win a Peak Performer award, handed out annually to the players who lead the league in scoring, rebounding and assists during the regular season. Whalen will receive a Tiffany trophy awarded to her by the WNBA in honor of her achievement. Whalen finished the season first in the WNBA in both total assists (199) and assists per game (5.9), edging San Antonio’s Becky Hammon (192 assists, 5.8 apg) for the WNBA assists crown. Whalen handed out five or more assists in 26 games (Lynx 23-3) this season, including two contests of 10 assists. This is the second time Whalen has finished first in the league in assists (2008, 5.4 apg).
- Harvest Season/Share the Road
- Search for Rossing Continues
- Two Killed in Plane Crash Near Montevideo
- Vikings reach injury settlement, releasing Sanford
- Twins release 2015 Schedule
- Saints ballpark to be named after CHS, Inc.
- Hayride Victim’s Name Released
- Schedule for September 9
- Results from September 8
- Renville County Park Closed