The WNBA announced that Minnesota Lynx point guard Lindsay Whalen has earned the 2011 Peak Performer honor for assists. She becomes the first player in Lynx history to win a Peak Performer award, handed out annually to the players who lead the league in scoring, rebounding and assists during the regular season. Whalen will receive a Tiffany trophy awarded to her by the WNBA in honor of her achievement. Whalen finished the season first in the WNBA in both total assists (199) and assists per game (5.9), edging San Antonio’s Becky Hammon (192 assists, 5.8 apg) for the WNBA assists crown. Whalen handed out five or more assists in 26 games (Lynx 23-3) this season, including two contests of 10 assists. This is the second time Whalen has finished first in the league in assists (2008, 5.4 apg).
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes