A judge in Wright County has tossed out a legal malpractice lawsuit against Republican Tom Emmer that surfaced about a year ago when he was the party’s nominee for Governor. A former client, roofing company owner Steven Hackbarth, alleged Emmer put up a shoddy defense in a 2009 civil case that cost the man his contractors license and a $30,000 judgment. In the ruling, the judge declined to order Hackbarth or his company to pay Emmer’s legal fees.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes