Some Midwest farmers are making sure they have a fire extinguisher close by as they head into the fields for the harvest. Minnesota is one of the states where crops are being harvested in the midst of a dry spell that has prompted the National Weather Service to issue “red flag” warnings because of an increased fire risk. However, there is one plus for farmers. Because the crops are so dry, the cost of drying has been greatly reduced.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes