Authorities are investigating the death of a 19-year-old man in a goose hunting accident near Danube. The Renville County Sheriff’s Office says it received a 911 call at about 9:45am Saturday. Emergency responders found Nicholas Verdoes with a single gunshot wound. He died at the scene. Sheriff Scott Hable says a group of hunters had been hunting geese about a half mile north of Danube when one of the hunter’s guns accidentally discharged, striking the victim. None of the other hunters were injured.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes