Faulty Wiring Causes Fire 23 Dec 11

Investigators have determined that a house fire in the City of Gibbon on Friday, December 16th was caused by faulty wiring.

The smoldering fire in the home of Sam and Daisy Homan on 1st Avenue in Gibbon was discovered at around 1:30 Friday afternoon. The fire was located under the floor of a bedroom closet, and firefighters from Gibbon and Winthrop used a large amount of water in extinguishing the flames.

Officials say the home still used a so-called “knob and tube” wiring system, which appears to be the cause of the fire.

No injuries were reported.