American Crystal Sugar Company has rejected a proposal to end the cooperative’s lengthy lockout of its union employees. The company posted a statement Monday calling the union’s proposal a “publicity stunt” by its leadership. The company has locked out its 1,300 union-represented employees since August as part of a contract dispute. In the statement, the company says they and union representatives met informally with a federal mediator last week, after which the union followed up with a proposal. American Crystal says the proposal ignored the company’s suggestions for ending the lockout.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes