Stove Causes Fire 20 Jan 12

Fire officials say a wood burning stove is the cause of a house fire south of Lester Prairie Wednesday afternoon.

Lester Prairie Fire Chief Jim Hoof says the fire occurred at 16229 Babcock Avenue and the call came in just after 3:30 Wednesday afternoon.

Hoof says the house is uninhabitable and the Red Cross was called in to assist the owner. No one was injured, but the house is a total loss.

Fire departments from Lester Prairie, Winsted, Silver Lake, Hutchinson, Glencoe, and Plato were called to the scene.