Lake Waconia has been named as the site for the 2012 Kona North American Wind Surfing Championships. The event is the first major windsurfing event in the Twin Cities area since the 1980’s. The event will be held August 24th through the 26th and bring 80 of the top wind surfers from America and around the world. Event organizer Michael Fox called the event the “Super Bowl” of wind surfing. In a news release organizers cited Lake Waconia’s higher sea level elevation, favorable winds, and launching facilities to make it an ideal location for this event.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes