Atwater’s Police Chief is calling it a career. The West Central Tribune reports Reed Schmidt is retiring and will be turning in his badge at the end of the month. Schmidt took over as Atwater police chief in 1997. Now 62, He wants to spend more time with grandkids and more time riding motorcycle with his wife, Mary. Schmidt’s official last day is Aug. 1. The community will have an opportunity to say farewell during an open house from 2-5 p.m. Sunday at the city office.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes