Taking a look at the weekend in local Olympians it was an up and down weekend. First the down…Eden Prairie Swimmer Rachel Bootsma failed in her attempt to win a medal in the 100 meter backstroke. The 18 year old failed to get out of the semi finals with a time of 60.04 seconds, just out of a spot in the finals. On the up side, Gopher Diver Kelci Bryant and her partner Abby Johnston took home a silver medal in the 3 meter synchronized springboard event. The duo finished well behind China’s huge favorites, and 5 points ahead of Canada’s team to get second place. And in Women’s Basketball the Americans beat Croatia 81-56 in their opening round game in pool play. Hutchinson native Lindsey Whalen came off the bench for 9 points and 2 assists in 19 minutes of play.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes