MINNEAPOLIS/ST. PAUL – With its 80-79 win today over Los Angeles, the Minnesota Lynx finished off a sweep of the Sparks to advance to the WNBA Finals, presented by Boost Mobile, for the second consecutive season. The Lynx will face off with the winner of the Eastern Conference Finals, either the Connecticut Sun or Indiana Fever. Connecticut currently leads 1-0, with Game 2 in Indiana tomorrow night at 7 p.m. CT on ESPN2.
The entire WNBA Finals schedule is below:
- Game 1, Sunday, October 14: Connecticut/Indiana at Lynx, 7 p.m. CT
- Game 2, Wednesday, October 17: Connecticut/Indiana at Lynx, 7 p.m. CT
- Game 3, Friday, October 19: Lynx at Connecticut/Indiana, 7 p.m. CT
- Game 4, Sunday, October 21: Lynx at Connecticut/Indiana, 7 p.m. CT (* if necessary)
- Game 5, Wednesday, October 24, Connecticut/Indiana at Lynx, 7 p.m. CT (* if necessary)
This season is Minnesota’s second consecutive reaching the WNBA Finals, presented by Boost Mobile. Last season, the Lynx swept the Atlanta Dream in the first WNBA Finals appearance in franchise history, winning the team’s first championship. Minnesota was a league-best 27-7 this season, including winning a franchise-record 16 games at Target Center. After edging the Seattle Storm in three games during the Western Conference Semifinals, the Lynx finished off a two-game sweep of the Los Angeles Sparks in the Western Conference Finals on Sunday.