Hunters reported strong pheasant numbers in the Marshall area during the second annual Governor’s Pheasant Hunt over the weekend. The Marshall area, known for its pheasant habitat and hunter and dog-friendly lodging, hosted Gov. Dayton and hundreds of guests. Fifty-seven hunters harvested nearly 100 roosters during the morning hunt. Gov. Dayton’s hunting party did not take any pheasants. Next year’s third annual Governor’s Pheasant Opener will be hosted by the City of Madelia, in Watonwan County.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes