Authorities say an Olivia man that was found in a burned apartment died of natural causes and not from the fire.
On Thursday February 7, 2013 a fire was reported at the Westcourt Apartments located at 500 13th street south in Olivia, MN. The Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in Anoka identified the deceased as 64-year-old Billy Eugene Camper. Olivia Police Chief Derek Lee says the probable cause of death has been determined to be of natural causes. A full autopsy report is pending the final results of toxicology tests.
Investigation of the fire scene has determined that the fire was accidental and that foul play is not suspected.
Lee says the process of cleaning the apartment building continues and is expected to be completed soon and the displaced residents will begin moving back into their apartments over the next few days.