Timberwolves get #9 pick in the draft 22 May 13

Timberwolves Secure No. 9 Pick In 2013 NBA Draft

Minneapolis/St. Paul – With All-Star forward Kevin Love representing the team in New York, the Minnesota Timberwolves were awarded the ninth overall pick in the 2013 NBA Draft at tonight’s NBA Draft Lottery. The 2013 NBA Draft will be held on June 27, 2013 at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York, and broadcast by ESPN at 6:00 p.m. CT.

Originally slated to draft in the ninth position, the Wolves entered tonight’s NBA Draft Lottery with an 81.31 percent chance of remaining ninth, making it statistically the most likely result. The Wolves came into tonight with a 6.11 percent chance at landing a top-three pick, and a 12.58 percent chance of moving back. Minnesota will select ninth for the first time in franchise history.

NBA All-Stars who were chosen ninth in their respective NBA Drafts include Joakim Noah (2007 – Chicago), Andre Iquodala (2004 – Philadelphia), Amaré Stoudemire (2002 – Phoenix), Shawn Marion (1999 – Phoenix), Dirk Nowitzki (1998 – Milwaukee) and Tracy McGrady (1997 – Toronto).

 

Along with the ninth overall pick, the Wolves also hold the first round pick of Memphis (26th). In addition, the Wolves have two second-round picks, the 51st (Brooklyn’s selection via New Orleans) and 59th (Oklahoma City’s selection) overall draft choices.