ST. PAUL – Grants totaling almost $18 million were awarded to 32 communities in Greater Minnesota to help pay for rehabilitating housing and commercial structures and improving infrastructure. In this area two communities received grants. The City of Darwin got 600-thousand dollars for a Water treatment facilty. While the city of Renville got about 590-thousand dollars to rehab an owner occupied housing and commercial building. The Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) awarded the funding under its Small Cities Development Program, a federally-funded initiative that seeks to benefit people of low and moderate incomes.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes