With a stretch of hot weather in the forecast, the MPCA Pollution Control Agency encourages awareness of possible blue-green algae occurring in some water bodies. This particular type of algae thrives in hot weather and nutrient rich waters, and can be toxic to both animals and humans – causing severe illness and in some cases death. So far this summer, the MPCA has not received any reports of dogs, other animals, or humans being affected.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes