Tiger Gameday – Week 5
Last Game: Hutchinson 45 Waconia 22
Game Recap: Hutch scored on 6 of their first 7 drives on their way to overwhelming the Waconia Wildcats to move to 4-0. Jaedon Fleck was the main offensive piece for the tigers rushing for 98 yards and 3 TD’s. Hutch also got TD’s from Marcus Hahn, Robbie Grimsley, and Jayden Juergensen. Defensively Hutch got 5 sacks and 1 INT.
Current Record: 4-0
This Week’s Opponent: Holy Family (2-2)
About the Opponent: It’s a rematch from last year’s prep bowl this week. The Tigers put up about 130 points on the Fire in two games last year, playing them once in the regular season and again in the final game of the year. This years Fire team has graduated a BUNCH of those players from last year. Offensively they have struggled with their highest output of the season being only 24 points. Defensively the Fire have played well. RB Chazz Johnson leads the way with 393 yards rushing for the team, while Hank Hopkins has 437 yards passing at the QB Position. Charlie Lacy leads the recievers with 250 yards. Defensively Nick Hanscom leads the team with 46 tackles.
Key Hutch Players: The Hutch defense will be the key here with DB’s Steenhoek, Grimsley, Elliot, Macemon, and even Piechowski the focus. The spread offense the Fire run isn’t anything new to the Tiger defense but the way HF runs it is different with the OT’s out wide sometimes. Hutch had no problems with it last year, but this is a different year. Don’t take them lightly.
- Don’t look past them. They may not be the team that went to the prep bowl last year, but they are a good team that can get things done. Be on your game and focused
- Stop the HF run. The spread is a lot tougher offense when the team can run the ball on you effectively. Hutch has done a nice job with Waconia, Orono and Becker in stopping the run. But Chazz Johnson might be the best RB you’ve seen so far.
- Control the ball. Hutch really deflated the Fire in their two games last year by controlling the game with long drives and scoring on those drives. It’s tough to keep up with Hutch when the Tigers are running the ball effectively.
- Weather. The forecast calls for a chance of rain. Hold onto the ball, cut well, deal with the conditions that come.
- A useless/interesting fact for you…While the Fire have struggled in the WCC during the season and half they have been here (7-6 vs. WCC)…Holy Family has caught “Fire” in the sections. Since 2008, HF is 14-1 in Section Tournament games with 4 section championships (including the last 3 in a row)