Tiger Gameday – Week 7
Last Game: Hutchinson 30 Delano 14
Game Recap: Hutchinson scored 22 points in the final 8 minutes of the game to upend Delano and claim at least a share of the WCC East Title. Delano got two long TD catches from Adam Kraft in the first quarter to take a 14-0 lead, when the Tigers defense took over and held them out of the endzone the rest of the game. Jaedon Fleck had a TD midway through the 4th to open up the rally, then he caused a fumble on the ensuing kickoff which Hutch recovered. Tory Adams had two late TD’s to cap a 230 yard rushing performance and the Hutch win.
Current Record: 6-0
This Week’s Opponent: Dassel Cokato (1-5)
About the Opponent: The Chargers have had a tough year. Coach Weinandt and his team were hoping for better things this year but injuries have left them thin at some spots. Closing out games has been an issue as well…they’ve been close in 3 other games this year and a few plays either way in those and they could easily be 4-2. DC will look to run the football, but have a QB that can throw if needed. Defensively the Chargers won’t really attack too much but do a very nice job of reading the play and getting to the ball carrier.
Key Hutch Players: We’ll put a spotlight on QB Marcus Hahn. He’s shown improvement of leaps and bounds this season. If he can continue to grow the Tigers will have gained another weapon. Defensively the spotlight goes to the DB’s. They were very solid against Delano but did give up two big plays.
- Don’t sleep on this team. Again DC could easily be 4-2 if a few plays go their way. Don’t look at 1-5 and think this will be easy. There are no easy weeks in the WCC. If you sleep, your dream could turn into a nightmare.
- Stop the DC run. Dalton Asplin is a very good fullback and can pound out some yards, Sophomore Derek Antil has shown some big play ability, and QB Zach Martin can run and throw. Stop the run first, everything keys off of that.
- Make the ref not need that yellow hanky. Hutch had a bunch of penalties last week, two of them called back touchdowns, and a few more called back first downs. You can’t have that many penalties and expect to win.
- Luke Nelson. The Chargers Linebacker was injured in a game we were airing on KARP earlier this season and his injury and recovery has made some news. We wish the best to Luke and his family in his recovery and hope everything goes well. The Hutch football team will have donation boxes at the entrance Friday night, all proceeds will go to Nelson’s family to help with medical costs. Here’s a “Tiger Tough” salute to Luke! Get well soon!
- A useless/interesting fact for you…The DC Chargers qualified for the first ever Class B Minnesota State Football Championship Game. It was in 1972 as DC lost to Mountain Iron 54-6 that day for their only loss of the season. DC would qualify for the 1973 State Tournament, but has not been back to state since ’73.