Hutchinson House Fire 16 Dec 13

A house fire in Hutchinson Saturday evening caused an estimated $75,000.

Fire Chief Brad Emans says they received a call at about 6:45pm to the home at 1165 13th Avenue Northwest.

When crews arrived, the homeowner was in the driveway and there was heavy smoke coming from the basement.

Emans says the fire started in the basement and burned so intense that it burned away some floor joists.  Emans also says there was heavy smoke damage throughout the house however, even with the extensive damage, Emans says about $100,000 of value was saved. 

The owner told Emans that he was in the basement cooking, went upstairs, lay down, and fell asleep.

No one was injured.