Farmhouse Deaths Due to Carbon Monoxide 31 Dec 13

An autopsy report says two men found dead in a south-central Minnesota farm house last week died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Brown County sheriff’s office said Monday a damper on the furnace of the rural Springfield home was not functioning properly.

Authorities say the father of one of men called 911 at about 1:40 p.m. Friday. Upon arriving, deputies found 30-year-old Nathan Potter and 23-year-old Adam Jensen unresponsive. They were roommates.

The medical examiner has ruled the deaths accidental.