Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar was in Atwater Monday ralling with over 60 supporters for the Ethanol Industry. The West Central Tribune reports the rally was aimed at the federal Environmental Protection Agency. Ethanol’s supporters have until Jan. 28 to offer comments to the EPA on its proposal to reduce the nation’s Renewable Fuel Standard by 10 percent, or 1.4 billion gallons in 2014. The reduction would cut demand for Minnesota-made ethanol by 110 million gallons, or more than the equivalent of the annual output of the state’s largest plant.
- 2014 Election Coverage
- Invasive Species Beer?
- Complete 2014 Election Results
- 2014 Big Buck Contest
- Cokato Man Killed in North Dakota Crash
- Missing Person Alert
- One Dead in Kandiyohi County Shooting
- Lester Prairie Woman and Child Die in Crash
- Winter Weather Cancellations for November 10
- Four Killed in Weather Related Crashes