A fire in Glencoe Monday night destroyed a family-owned truck repair shop.
According to the McLeod County Sheriff’s Office, the fire was reported at 5:25 p.m. at Sidco 4×4, located at 2810 9th Street SE.
Owner Scott Sidwell has run the business for 27 years and had been at the Glencoe location for 11 years.
Glencoe Fire Chief Ron Grack says cold temperatures and high winds made it difficult for fire crews to battle the fire. Nine fire crews responded to allow firefighters to work in shifts.
Sidwell said it could take months to clean up the damage. He estimates around $500,000 in damage.
Reports say authorities believe the flames started from a chimney fire from a waste oil furnace.