School Evacuated After Students Get Sick 07 Feb 14

A suspected carbon monoxide leak has forced an evacuation at a Minnesota school and sent 30 children to the hospital.

Police were called to Springfield Public School just after 9:30 a.m. Thursday after a couple of students reportedly fell ill in the school auditorium.

The entire school was evacuated.

Hospital spokesman Kevin Burns says 30 elementary school students were taken to Mayo Clinic Health Center in Springfield with symptoms of possible carbon monoxide exposure such as nausea.

Burns says by Thursday night, all 30 were treated and released, and none admitted to the hospital.

The Journal of New Ulm reports firefighters ensured the building was completely evacuated and locked.