The Minnesota Department of Transportation continues to advise no travel in most of south central Minnesota (Friday, Feb. 21 as of 12:30pm) due to ice compaction and blowing snow creating hazardous conditions.
Highways remaining closed at this time:
- Highway 5 - Gaylord to Highway 212
- Highway 13 –Watervilleto NewPrague
- Highway 15 – Madelia to Winthrop(north and south of New Ulm)
- Highway 22 – Gaylord to Highway 212
- Highway 60 – Highway 14 to Waterville
- Highway 66 – Good Thunder to Mankato
Snowplows have been out since 4 a.m., but progress is slowed with stalled vehicles, cold temps and blowing snow.
MnDot says some highways in the Windom and St. James areas have been upgraded to difficult. Motorists should use caution.