Hector House Fire 13 Mar 14

Six people suffered smoke inhalation and are now homeless after a house fire in Hector.

Fire Chief Patrick Callahan says just before 9 Tuesday night they responded to a report of a house fire at 530 Douglas Avenue East.

All 6 residents had escaped and were taken to RC Hospital in Olivia for treatment of smoke inhalation.

The south side of the house was engulfed in flames when fire crews from Hector and later Buffalo Lake arrived.

KWLM reports it was determined the blaze began as a grease fire in the kitchen.

The Red Cross says they are helping provide assistance for the family.