Minneapolis/St. Paul – The Minnesota Timberwolves will tip off their 26th regular season in the NBA as they travel to Memphis to take on the Grizzlies on Wednesday, Oct. 29. This season is the first time the Wolves have opened on the road since the 2000-01 campaign. The Wolves home opener is the following night, Thursday, Oct. 30 at 7:00 p.m., against the Detroit Pistons. A limited number of lower-level full-season memberships are still available for as low as $25 per game by visiting www.timberwolves.com or by calling 612-673-1234.
The Wolves will enjoy four four-game homestands with the first occurring from Nov. 19-26, highlighted by a visit from the NBA Champion San Antonio Spurs (Nov. 21). The second four-game homestand from Dec. 8-14 features visits from Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors (Dec. 8) and Kobe Bryant and the Los Angeles Lakers (Dec. 14). The third four-game homestand from Jan. 1-7 kicks off with a New Year’s Day game against the Sacramento Kings. The final four-game homestand is from Feb. 28-March 7 and features the lone visit to Target Center from Blake Griffin, Chris Paul and the Los Angeles Clippers. Other notable home games include Jan. 31 vs. LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers and Dec. 12 and April 15 vs. Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder. Kobe Bryant and the Lakers return to Target Center on March 25 and Kevin Garnett and the Brooklyn Nets come to Minnesota on March 16.
The Wolves will play four nationally-televised games this season: Nov. 1 vs. Chicago on NBA TV, Nov. 12 vs. Houston in Mexico City on ESPN, Jan. 7 vs. Phoenix on ESPN and April 10 at the Los Angeles Lakers on NBA TV.
Minnesota’s 2014-15 local television broadcast schedule will be released at a later date. Following are key facts regarding the Wolves’ 2014-15 regular-season schedule.
Key Facts About the Timberwolves 2014-15 Schedule
- By month, the schedule breaks down as follows: October/November (7 home, 8 away = 15 total, December (7 home, 8 away = 15 total), January (9 home, 8 away = 17 total), February (7 home, 4 away = 11 total), March (7 home, 9 away = 16 total), April (4 home, 4 away = 8 total).
- By day, the schedule breaks down as follows: Monday (7 home, 7 away = 14 total),Tuesday (0 home, 5 away = 5 total), Wednesday (15 home, 5 away = 20 total),Thursday (2 home, 1 away = 3 total), Friday (7 home, 12 away = 19 total), Saturday(7 home, 6 away = 13 total), Sunday (3 home, 5 away = 8 total).
- The Wolves enjoy four four-game homestands: Nov. 19-26 (NY, SA, SAC, MIL),Dec. 8-14 (GS, POR, OKC, LAL), Jan. 1-7 (SAC, UTA, DEN, PHO) and Feb. 28-Mar.7 (MEM, LAC, DEN, POR). Minnesota’s home schedule also includes two three-game homestands: Feb. 9-20 (ATL, GS, PHO) and Mar. 30-Apr. 3 (UTA, TOR, ORL).
- Minnesota has four four-game road trips: Dec. 23-30 (CLE, DEN, GS, UTA), Jan. 13-19 (IND, PHO, DEN, CHA), Mar. 9-15 (LAC, PHO, OKC, SA) and Apr. 7-11 (SAC, POR, LAL, GS).
- Minnesota will play on national television four times this season: Two times on NBA TV (Nov. 1 vs. Chicago, Apr. 10 at L.A. Lakers), and two times on ESPN (Nov. 12vs. Houston in Mexico City, Jan. 7 vs. Phoenix).
- The Wolves will play 19 back-to-backs: nine away-away, seven away-home, two home-away and one home-home. Last year the Wolves had 20 back-to-back sets.
- The Wolves will open their regular-season slate on the road against Memphis onWednesday, Oct. 29, the first time since the 2000-01 campaign the Wolves have opened a season away from Target Center. The Wolves are 15-10 in season openers, including 3-6 in season openers on the road. Minnesota opened the 2013-14 campaign with a 120-115 OT win over Orlando at Target Center.
- The Wolves will play 52 games against Western Conference and 30 games versus Eastern Conference opponents.
- Minnesota will play each Western Conference opponent four times (two home, two away), with the exception of L.A. Clippers (one home, two away), Sacramento (two home, one away), Dallas (one home, two away), and Memphis (two home, one away). The Wolves will face off against each Eastern Conference team twice (one home, one away).
Timberwolves 2014-15 Opponent Breakdown
Denver (H: 1/5, 3/4; A: 12/26, 1/17); Oklahoma City (H: 12/12, 4/15; A: 1/26, 3/13); Portland (H: 12/10, 3/7; A: 11/30, 4/8); Utah: (H: 1/3, 3/30; A: 12/30, 3/23).
Golden State (H: 12/8, 2/11; A: 12/27, 4/11); L.A. Clippers (H: 3/2; A: 12/1, 3/9); L.A. Lakers (H: 12/14, 3/25; A: 11/28, 4/10); Phoenix (H: 1/7, 2/20; A: 1/16, 3/11); Sacramento (H: 11/22, 1/1; A: 4/7).
Dallas (H: 1/21; A: 11/15, 2/2); Houston (H: 11/12*, 12/5; A: 2/23, 3/27); Memphis (H: 2/6, 2/28; A: 10/29); New Orleans (H: 1/23; A: 11/14, 3/29); San Antonio (H: 11/21, 1/10; A: 12/6, 3/15).
Boston (H: 1/28; A: 12/19); Brooklyn (H: 3/16; A: 11/5); New York (H: 11/19; A: 3/19); Philadelphia (H: 12/3; A: 1/30); Toronto (H: 4/1; A: 3/18).
Chicago (H: 11/1; A: 2/27); Cleveland (H: 1/31; A: 12/23); Detroit (H: 10/30 A: 2/8); Indiana (H: 12/21; A: 1/13); Milwaukee (H: 11/26; A: 1/9).
Atlanta (H: 2/9; A: 1/25); Charlotte (H: 3/22; A: 1/19); Miami (H: 2/4; A: 11/8); Orlando (H: 4/3; A: 11/7); Washington (H: 2/25; A: 12/16).
*Game played in Mexico City
2014-15 Timberwolves Regular-Season Schedule
|Oct.||Wed.||29||at||Memphis||7:00 p.m.||Jan.||Fri.||23||New Orleans||7:00 p.m.|
|Thu.||30||Detroit||7:00 p.m.||Sun.||25||at||Atlanta||5:00 p.m.|
|Nov.||Sat.||1||Chicago**||7:00 p.m.||Mon.||26||at||Oklahoma City||7:00 p.m.|
|Wed.||5||at||Brooklyn||6:30 p.m.||Wed.||28||Boston||7:00 p.m.|
|Fri.||7||at||Orlando||6:00 p.m.||Fri.||30||at||Philadelphia||6:00 p.m.|
|Sat.||8||at||Miami||6:30 p.m.||Sat.||31||Cleveland||7:00 p.m.|
|Wed.||12||Houston (M)*||9:00 p.m.||Feb.||Mon.||2||at||Dallas||7:30 p.m.|
|Fri.||14||at||New Orleans||7:00 p.m.||Wed.||4||Miami||7:00 p.m.|
|Sat.||15||at||Dallas||7:30 p.m.||Fri.||6||Memphis||7:00 p.m.|
|Wed.||19||New York||7:00 p.m.||Sun.||8||at||Detroit||5:00 p.m.|
|Fri.||21||San Antonio||7:00 p.m.||Mon.||9||Atlanta||7:00 p.m.|
|Sat.||22||Sacramento||7:00 p.m.||Wed.||11||Golden State||7:00 p.m.|
|Wed.||26||Milwaukee||7:00 p.m.||Fri.||20||Phoenix||7:00 p.m.|
|Fri.||28||at||L.A. Lakers||9:30 p.m.||Mon.||23||at||Houston||7:00 p.m.|
|Sun.||30||at||Portland||8:00 p.m.||Wed.||25||Washington||7:00 p.m.|
|Dec.||Mon.||1||at||L.A. Clippers||9:30 p.m.||Fri.||27||at||Chicago||7:00 p.m.|
|Wed.||3||Philadelphia||7:00 p.m.||Sat.||28||Memphis||7:00 p.m.|
|Fri.||5||Houston||7:00 p.m.||Mar.||Mon.||2||L.A. Clippers||7:00 p.m.|
|Sat.||6||at||San Antonio||7:30 p.m.||Wed.||4||Denver||7:00 p.m.|
|Mon.||8||Golden State||7:00 p.m.||Sat.||7||Portland||7:00 p.m.|
|Wed.||10||Portland||7:00 p.m.||Mon.||9||at||L.A. Clippers||9:30 p.m.|
|Fri.||12||Oklahoma City||7:00 p.m.||Wed.||11||at||Phoenix||9:00 p.m.|
|Sun.||14||L.A. Lakers||6:00 p.m.||Fri.||13||at||Oklahoma City||7:00 p.m.|
|Tue.||16||at||Washington||6:00 p.m.||Sun.||15||at||San Antonio||6:00 p.m.|
|Fri.||19||at||Boston||6:30 p.m.||Mon.||16||Brooklyn||7:00 p.m.|
|Sun.||21||Indiana||6:00 p.m.||Wed.||18||at||Toronto||6:30 p.m.|
|Tue.||23||at||Cleveland||6:00 p.m.||Thu.||19||at||New York||6:30 p.m.|
|Fri.||26||at||Denver||8:00 p.m.||Sun.||22||Charlotte||6:00 p.m.|
|Sat.||27||at||Golden State||9:30 p.m.||Mon.||23||at||Utah||8:00 p.m.|
|Tue.||30||at||Utah||8:00 p.m.||Wed.||25||L.A. Lakers||7:00 p.m.|
|Jan.||Thu.||1||Sacramento||7:00 p.m.||Fri.||27||at||Houston||7:00 p.m.|
|Sat.||3||Utah||7:00 p.m.||Sun.||29||at||New Orleans||3:00 p.m.|
|Mon.||5||Denver||7:00 p.m.||Mon.||30||Utah||7:00 p.m.|
|Wed.||7||Phoenix*||8:30 p.m.||Apr.||Wed.||1||Toronto||7:00 p.m.|
|Fri.||9||at||Milwaukee||7:30 p.m.||Fri.||3||Orlando||7:00 p.m.|
|Sat.||10||San Antonio||7:00 p.m.||Tue.||7||at||Sacramento||9:00 p.m.|
|Tue.||13||at||Indiana||6:00 p.m.||Wed.||8||at||Portland||9:00 p.m.|
|Fri.||16||at||Phoenix||8:00 p.m.||Fri.||10||at||L.A. Lakers**||9:30 p.m.|
|Sat.||17||at||Denver||8:00 p.m.||Sat.||11||at||Golden State||9:30 p.m.|
|Mon.||19||at||Charlotte||1:00 p.m.||Mon.||13||New Orleans||7:00 p.m.|
|Wed.||21||Dallas||7:00 p.m.||Wed.||15||Oklahoma City||7:00 p.m.|