Tiger Gameday – Section Semi Finals 20 Oct 15

Tiger Gameday – Section Semifinals, 2015 Season

Last Game:  Hutchinson 71 New Ulm 28

Game Recap: Senior Captain Travis Gauer subbed in for injured RB Isaiah Nelson, rushing for 281 yards and 3 Touchdowns in the 71-28 win over New Ulm in the Section Quarterfinals.  As a Team the Tigers rushed for 468 yards, and threw for 186 yards.  Senior Kendall Glaser had 96 yards rushing and 2 TD’s, while Sophomore WR Maguire Petersen, had 135 yards receiving and 2 TD’s.  The Tigers now face off against #2 Waseca on Tuesday in the Semi Finals, a team Hutch has elminated from playoff competition in each of the last two years.  

Current Record: 6-3

This Week’s Opponent: Waseca (7-1)

About the Opponent: Waseca has been a quality team for a number of years now, they’ll make their hay through the ground game.  They have a nice QB which will be the best athlete on their team, and they have a nice RB and FB Combo.  Defensively they have given up a few points, but they are so good offensively it hasn’t really mattered. 

Key Hutch Players:  We’re gonna stay focusing on the OL, If Hutch is going to win this football game they will NEED to score a lot of points.  I think it’s going to be tough to hold Waseca off the scoreboard so, offensively you need to do two things…1. Long Drives.  Block, get that run game going, get the ball moving down the field…2. Get into the endzone.      

Games Storylines:

  1. Mistakes.  This will have to be your cleanest game of the year to get a win.  Hankies can’t fly, and neither can the ball be put on the ground.  Minimizing mistakes, and learning from your past ones are key.      
  2. Turn Waseca into a passing team.  The Blue Jays are a good football team, but you’ve got a better shot if you can make Waseca pass the ball.  Running is their strength of the offense, if you can take that away it makes them do something they may not be as comfortable with. 
  3. Stop the Big Play.  Hutchinson did a nice job defensively against New Ulm about 90% of the time…problem was the other 10% accounted for about 250 of the 300 yards for the Eagles.  NU did a nice job getting big plays, Waseca saw that film too and will likely look to get some of those early on and try and get a quick knockout blow.  Containing the Waseca Offense is big. 
  4. Happy or Unhappy Vacation?  Waseca has been off for almost 2 weeks now.  How will that layoff affect them?  Will they be rusty coming out of the gate?  Or is the break just what the doctor ordered? 
  5. A useless/interesting fact…It’s been a great 3 years for Waseca.  Overall during that time span the Blue Jays are 25-4.  But, the Jays are 0-4 vs. Hutchinson and Marshall.