One Injured in Fire Near Kimball 08 Jan 18

(KWLM/Kimball MN-) One person was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire Saturday morning near Kimball.

The Stearns County Sheriff’s Department says at 6:41 a.m. they got a call of a home on fire on 155th St in Maine Prairie township.

Kimball Fire Department, Watkins Ambulance, along with the Stearns County Sheriff’s Office responded.

The homeowners, 38-year-old Adam and 39-year-old Jennifer Molitor noticed an electrical issue in their garage and upon further investigation located a fire in the attic above the attached garage.

Adam Molitor tried to put out the fire, and called 911.

They evacuated their 3 children ages 13, 10, and 6.

Molitor was taken to St Cloud Hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.

Authorities say damage was contained to the garage.